Global's tradition and experience have led to the development of a new perspective in the world of professional knives.
The realization of this series has matured thanks to Komin Yamada, the one who in 1985 designed the first Global knife.
Since then, however, things have changed a lot and the need arose to approach the everyday life in a more incisive way and with more personality, following the changes of a world that is now different from that of the past.
A completely new and comfortable handle, the new ergonomic handle, provides a grip position for the thumb.
The thumb rests gently on the transition between the handle and blade, and therefore provides a comfortable and relaxed grip.
As for many years they have proved useful in the classics, even in the Sai series the handle is filled with fine sand to perfectly balance the knife and ensure balanced work.
The main features of GLOBAL knives are:
- Lightness: GLOBAL was the first company in the world to make an empty steel knife in the handle. This feature allows you to reduce the weight of the knife by 30%.
- Manageability: thanks to the lightness and anatomical shape of the handle, GLOBAL knives lend themselves to continuous and prolonged times of use, minimizing user fatigue.
- Wire hold: GLOBAL knives are made using the best steels and the most modern manufacturing techniques. In the blades there is a high percentage of Molybdenum / Vanadium thanks to which the hardness of the steel reaches 56/58 Rockwell of hardness, consequently increasing the life of the wire. - Sturdiness: being the GLOBAL knives completely in steel (both the handle and the blade) they are practically indestructible.
- Elegance Awards acquired by GLOBAL knives: 1990 - Japanese Good Design by MITI 1991
- Selected for International Design Year Book 1992 - Selected as Best Cooks' Knife in Benelux 1995 - Selected as Best Knife by WHICH Magazine in the UK 1996 - Selected as Sharpest Knife by A LA CARTE Magazine in Germany GLOBAL's Japanese knives are the Chefs in the most prestigious hotels and restaurants in the world. The first GLOBAL knife was designed in 1985 by Komin Yamada, who gave the knife he created a new and revolutionary design. Composition of the Global GT series set: 2 25 cm salad servers in stainless steel.